Tennessee Wildlife Resources Foundation
The Foundation of the Agency
Without wildlife, without wilderness, what will we lose?
For centuries, these very resources have not only sustained the pioneering spirit of Tennesseans, but afforded them the means of crafting a living and a legacy. Forged as the charitable arm of the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency, the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Foundation (TWRF) lends strength in defending compromised wildlife and imperiled habitat. By contributing priceless fundraising efforts and targeted educational campaigns, the TWRF is poised on the front lines of a struggle to not only protect Tennessee’s resources, but the heritage they represent as well.
Who we are:
The Tennessee Wildlife Resources Foundation, Inc. (TWRF) was established as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in 1999 to support the Tennessee Wildlife Resources Agency (TWRA) and to promote habitat conservation, responsible land stewardship, and the preservation of Tennessee's hunting and fishing heritage. TWRF assists TWRA with youth education programs as well as strategic land acquisitions to provide opportunities for habitat conservation/restoration and public hunting. Through our fundraising efforts and support, we provide a synergy to help the TWRA realize its goals.
We have taken great strides to organize and structure our operations in order to find the most effective ways to benefit the TWRA. If you are interested in the promotion and preservation of our hunting and fishing heritage in Tennessee, we encourage you to join TWRF and offer your support to a worthwhile cause. After all, it's up to all of us to ensure that future generations have the same opportunity to enjoy Tennessee's wildlife resources and take part in the rich hunting and fishing heritage that has been passed down from countless generations of Tennessee's sportsmen & women.
What we do:
- Preserve the lifestyle of hunting, fishing, and outdoor recreation through educational partnerships with TWRA and other organizations.
- Give students the opportunity to learn more about wildlife management careers through our Tennessee Outdoors Youth Summit Camp, which provides hands-on classes that teach the importance of natural resources and their management.
- Administer numerous accounts for TWRA personnel to lend support to hunting and fishing events for Tennessee youth.
- Provide students with a conduit in which to demonstrate shooting skills, discipline and sportsmanship through our Tennessee Scholastic Action Shooting Program.
- Play a pivotal role in wildlife conservation by administering numerous contracts for wildlife disease and endangered species research.
- Equip special needs children with the opportunity to take part in Tennessee’s youth deer hunting season by attending our Young Guns event.
- Offer scholarships to college students interested in the field of wildlife management and ornithology.
- Aid management of the elk restoration program in east Tennessee.
- Provide positive hunting, fishing, and outdoor experiences for physically disabled men, women, and children, as well as wounded members of the armed forces by producing wheelchair accessible facilities in each the 4 regions within the TWRA wildlife management system.
Visit our programs and events pages to learn more about what we do.
Remember, if you want to help TWRA, support TWRF!